This is permanent, year round employment (not seasonal work).
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks which will include, but not limited to :
Removal and installation of plants, sod, irrigation and drainage systems, retaining and rock walls, paver and rock patios, etc.
Employee will be required to work in various weather conditions, around heavy equipment, and perform physically challenging work on a daily basis.
Candidate must have at least 2 years experience in this field and posses the following to qualify for this position:
- Ability to operate equipment (skid steer, mini excavator, etc.)
- Ability to safely drive a full size truck with trailer attached
- Ability to manage crew effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in plant identification
- Knowledgeable on irrigation system installation and repair
1. Daily preparation of trucks, equipment, and inventory.
- Report on time at a regular start time of 7AM unless otherwise notified.
- Prepare and load trucks with supplies and materials for day’s work.
2. Perform assigned task on client’s properties.
- Preparing ground and flower/shrub beds for installation of new materials.
- Removal and installation of plants, sod, irrigation and drainage systems, retaining and rock walls, paver and rock patios, etc.
- Installation of new materials.
- Clean up job site prior to leaving.
3. End of day duties.
- Wash dirty equipment and return to storage location. Report damaged or broken equipment to your supervisor immediately so proper repairs can be made.
- Remove trash and unnecessary items from vehicle.
- Review and prepare for the next day’s jobs.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in lawn and landscaping industry is not necessary but helpful.
- Paid company training is provided.
Performance Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. + consistently throughout the day.
- High attention to detail. We strive to provide the highest level of results as possible and demand this from each employee.
- High ability to deal with customers and resolve conflicts.
- Available to work a varied schedule, including Saturdays, in all adverse weather conditions.
- Standing, bending, squatting, and walking on various types of terrain for 8 hours or more a day.
- Drug free environment.
Vacation Pay and Benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation one year employment. Pay and benefits will vary and determined based on experience and pre-employment interview.
- Additional pay will be considered for any industry related licenses and certificates.