This is a full-time position.
This position will assist in the operations of multiple divisions within our company. Candidates must be able to work in a fast environment, learn quickly, multi task, operate office equipment and programs efficiently, and have a good attitude and neat appearance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to operating a multi-line phone system, maintaining customer requests and records accurately, posting payments to accounts, helping in our Garden Center when needed, scheduling appointments, and assisting other personnel.
1. Office Tasks
- Answer a multi-line phone system promptly and professionally. Take messages and direct calls as needed.
- Post payments to customer accounts.
- Maintain customer records and project information.
- Scan invoices, estimates, and other paperwork into various databases.
- Create and maintain documents using Microsoft Office applications
- Respond to any customer requests professionally in verbal or written form
- Assist in maintaining social media, website, and other web based applications
- Greet and assist any visitors
- Schedule appointments as needed
- Assist other personnel when needed
- Assist in light housekeeping duties
- Communicate any concerns immediately with supervisor
- Inventory technicians at end of day
- Prepare daily paperwork for the technicians
2. Garden Center Responsibilities, when needed
- Operate a cash register upon training
- Assist customers
- Lift and load various products for the customer
- Assist in organizing events
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in an office is preferred
- Experience in lawn and landscaping industry is not necessary but is helpful
Performance Skills and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Meticulous about follow-up
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift 20 lbs +
- Ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Occasional standing, walking, twisting, bending, extending, and reaching
- Available to work occasional Saturdays
- Drug free work environment
Vacation, Pay, and Benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation one year employment. Pay and benefits will vary and determined based on experience and pre-employment interview.