Full and part-time positions are available.
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service in a friendly and efficient way. Cash register training will be provided. Attention to cleanliness, restocking, moving and loading plants, as well as bagged materials (bark, top soil, fertilizer, …), running a cash register and selling merchandise is required for this job. This position requires individuals to work in an outdoor environment year round.
- Daily inspection and preparation of merchandise.
- Advise customers on plant selection, garden layout, planting, plant care, and pruning.
- Assist customers with garden related questions and recommendation.
- Assist in general nursery maintenance, including watering and pruning plant material.
- Restock garden center merchandise
- Learn and implement daily and seasonal opening and closing procedures.
- Upon training, operate a cash register.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in lawn and landscaping industry is not necessary but is helpful.
- Paid company training is provided.
Performance and skills and qualifications
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. + consistently throughout the day.
- High attention to detail. We strive to provide the highest level of results possible and demand this from each employee.
- High ability to deal with customers and resolve conflicts.
- Available to work a varied schedule, including Saturdays, in all adverse weather conditions.
- Work at a fast pace to fulfill customers needs.
- Drug free work environment.
Vacation, Pay, and Benefits
- Full time employees will receive 2 weeks paid vacation upon one year employment. Pay and benefits will vary and determined based on experience and pre-employment interview.
- Additional pay will be considered for any industry related licenses and certificates.